Dressing like forward-thinking pre-school teacher from the 30′s has made dear Shoshanna command focus of half of this piece. Here’s my Girls season 2, episode 1 – “It’s about Time” – review.


“I always felt like I was secretly really good at cutting hair.” – Hannah


Keep calm and destroy that damn poster


First off, most of the style on this show is awful. Well, I suppose Marnie dresses pretty nice. And Jessa dresses nice if hippie chic is your thing. The worst fashion offender is what Lena Dunham does with Hannah. The clothing options are just terrible and ill-fitting all the time. (Although, strangely accurate when it comes to how women will try to buy a certain style of shirt even if it looks bad on their particular body type…) Shoshanna dresses in stuff that has the potential to be cute, but usually pushes too far into “oh, geez” territory. In fact, Zosia Mamet told HBO in an interview that Shoshanna doesn’t know, “what her own personal taste is. I think she’s so busy reading magazines and worrying about what the right thing to wear is all the time that she ends up dressing like an a$&shole.”


And the fact that I like Shoshanna’s bedroom of pink, black and white worries me because I don’t to like a$$hole style. You know? But I think the reason it appeals to me is because it does look like something impersonal lifted right from a magazine page. The thing to discuss about her room, that is annoying, is what’s on her walls.


Because, of COURSE Shoshanna now has a “Keep Calm and Carry On” poster. They were only actually cool for about a second, but now they’re so, so, so ridiculously overdone that I cringe when I see them. Don’t you cringe? Don’t you just want to shove them into garbage bins at this point? Keep Calm and Spa, Keep Calm and Read Harry Potter, Keep Calm and Justin Bieber? That’s not even a real sentence! Bieber isn’t a verb!


Audrey Gelman, picture from Twitter.


From smallscreenscoop.com